How to modify default CX color/colour scheme for our end users

Quick one for the developers I imagine,
Two parts;

1: I’m trying to skin our 2nd RX server to look different to our 1st, which is going well, but I’m not having any luck setting a new default color scheme for the content explorer applet itself. Can anyone point me in the right direction? I’ve tried editing the two UserOptions.xml files without any joy.

2: Additionally, can anyone tell me where, other than PSX_PERSISTEDPROPERTYVALUES, the system is storing user color preferences for existing users (since I’d ideally like to set our existing users’ preferences as well as new users)
I know something is getting stored away somewhere other than that table because removing all the table entries for a user does not destroy their preference ‘stickyness’, but nor does a new record get created for them in the table. Most peculiar.

Right, thanks for any help

Dermot

Hello

Instead of changing the entire colour scheme in the content explorer, we just replaced the background image on one of our 2 servers - green for Live - and left the standard default blue for Dev. This worked a treat as it is immediately obvious which server you are on and it is very quick and easy to do.

The original image [banner_bkgd.jpg] can be located in …\sys_resources\images.

Cara

[QUOTE=cara-m;6932]Hello

Instead of changing the entire colour scheme in the content explorer, we just replaced the background image on one of our 2 servers - green for Live - and left the standard default blue for Dev. This worked a treat as it is immediately obvious which server you are on and it is very quick and easy to do.

The original image [banner_bkgd.jpg] can be located in …\sys_resources\images.

Cara[/QUOTE]

Yup, we’ve replaced all the backgrounds, the login/logout/community switch pages, the graphic buttons etc, but it looks distinctly jarring, the green background and blue CX. Keep in mind, this is a very public project for our department with many hundreds of high profile users throughout the institution so we want to keep it as pretty and consistent as we can. Since it’s trivial to pick a decent background color from the preferences within CX itself, it seems reasonable to think it should be fairly easy to at very least set some defaults for new accounts created.

Or, put another way, thank you for the suggestion and taking time to reply but I’m still hoping for further input on this…

Did anyone ever find a way to do this?

I’d be interested in an answer to this one as well…

A bit of a workaround, but after changing settings in UserOptions.xml, restart the server then have the users click View->Options, then click the Default button on the bottom…it will pull in the colors/fonts you set in UserOptions.xml.

I’m assuming/hoping the customized colors will be pulled in for new users as well…will try to remember to report back.