html5 and ephox

I know starting with 7.1 certain html5 elements are allowed in cm system & ephox. We’ve configured that and it seems to work fine. We just found an issue with html5 though in how ephox seems to be converting html5 valid markup that isn’t valid xhtml into valid xhtml, thus breakin the markup now that we’re producting html5 output. I tried updating elj_config.xml and elj_config_dynamic.xml to set outputXML=“false” on the htmlFilter element, but that didn’t seem to help any. Is there anything else I can do?
Our scenario is that we would like to wrap block elements in links (<a> elements). Something like this:
<a href="#">This is a link with a<div>contained div</div></a>

If I go into code view of ephox and do this, then toggle to design, the markup becomes
<a href="#">This is a link with a</a><div>contained div</div>

Any help would be appreciated.

That could also be Tidy scrubbing the HTML in the sys_xdtextcleanup dependency on the edit live field. By default that tidy is controlled by rxW2KTidy.properties in the install dir.

-n

[QUOTE=bhwilliamson;20760]I know starting with 7.1 certain html5 elements are allowed in cm system & ephox. We’ve configured that and it seems to work fine. We just found an issue with html5 though in how ephox seems to be converting html5 valid markup that isn’t valid xhtml into valid xhtml, thus breakin the markup now that we’re producting html5 output. I tried updating elj_config.xml and elj_config_dynamic.xml to set outputXML=“false” on the htmlFilter element, but that didn’t seem to help any. Is there anything else I can do?
Our scenario is that we would like to wrap block elements in links (<a> elements). Something like this:

If I go into code view of ephox and do this, then toggle to design, the markup becomes
<a href="#">This is a link with a</a><div>contained div</div>

Any help would be appreciated.[/QUOTE]

Ok, I forget, would it be ephox or tidy that is scrubbing the body field when you toggle design/code view in ephox? I’ll try updating the Tidy config and see what happens.

Any idea wat version of tidy we’re using here?

Oh, and I guess my code snippet didn’t make it with my last post, here it is: