I am getting 'The revision '8' does not specify the current revision for the item with content id......' error

I have tried the following from the other threads.

Deleted local content from all widgets on page, and then pasted content back in. - same error.
Deleted local content from all widgets on page, deleted widgets and re-added widgets and then content. - same error.
Copying the page and then making a small change on the copied page, renaming the copied page and publishing - same error.

Note: I do have two Untitled Rich Text’s in the Unused Assets section but when I try to delete them I receive

This issue is affecting our sites Home page. We are currently making changes outside of CM1 to the html directly because we cannot publish changes to this page in CM1. Is there anything else we could try to resolve this issue?

I had a very similar issue with one of my pages.

I went as far as to remove all javascript, custom CSS, and change my particular page’s template to a blank template. But no matter what I still get the same error:

The revision ‘3’ does not specify the current revision for the item with content id ‘14,016’ but the user ‘dsharon’ does not have the item checked out.

similar errors when trying to Approve or Publish the page as well.

Unfortunately my solution was to erase the page entirely from CM1 and rebuild it.

I ended up creating new page called indexCopy, adding in the widgets and then placing the content inside them, then renaming the existing index page to indexOLD and renaming indexCopy to index, saving and publishing. I then had to go into ‘navigation’ and point the top node at the new index page. CM1 didn’t really care for the workaround but it accepted it in the end after having to rename the file again.