Impact Analysis

In one of the extensions I am writing, I have a need to invoke the Impact Analysis on a content Item (urlCI) to figure out all the Content Items that shall be impacted on making a change to the parent content item(urlCI).

We can easily do it from the Content Explorer. Is anyone aware of the API for doing the Impact Analysis that I can use in the Extension code?

thanks
Manvinder

Yes. Use IPSContentWs#findOwners(…). This will return all AA relationships (use the filter to limit to AA types) which ‘might’ be affected by changes to some item. Generally, changes to a ‘parent’ will not affect how any ‘children’ look.

Thanks Paul…I was able to invoke the API and get the list all the Owner Content Items ids. Now I want to change the state of these owner content Items state from Public to Quick Edit State.

Is there any API that can take the content item ID, and change the state from Public to Quick Edit?

thanks
Manvinder

You can call the IPSContentWs.prepareForEdit()… This will transition the item to quick edit and check it out for editing.

Of course, if it’s not in a public state, it will just check it out.