Importing images

Are there any recommendations around using the web services API to import images into Rhythmyx? It seems that the createContentItem method only accepts a Map of String values - would this mean that we would have to base64 encode the byte array representation of an image and import that way?

Take a look at the source code in this thread: http://forum.percussion.com/showthread.php?t=68

This program shows you how to send binary attachments via Web Services.

Dave

I’ll have a look, thanks.

Where can I find the source for DepositorContent.java ? This looks to be the file responsible for uploading an rffFile to Rhythmyx right?

The source files are contained in DemoDepositor.jar. I added it as a separate .zip just to make it easier for you.

Is there a specific requirement on the library version of Axis we use (we are using version 1.4)? When I try and use the code to set an attachment part (org.apache.axis.attachments.AttachmentPart) on the ContentSOAPStub and then save the content item I get this error:

Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: No support for attachments
at org.apache.axis.client.Call.setRequestMessage(Call.java:2176)
at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Call.java:2438)

Ed,

I’ve only tested it with the version of Axis that is contained in the /Rhthmyx/WebServices/6.0.0/sample/loader/java/lib folder. I’m believe this to be 1.3, not 1.4, but I don’t know what other dependencies there may be.

I know also that there were some tweaks required to make WSDL2Java work properly, but assuming you are using our “pre-generated” client JAR, you should not need to run this.

Have you followed the steps outlined in my program?

Dave

I found out that I did not have the jar file that contained javax.mail.internet.MimeMultipart class - it works now, thanks.