Including image thumbnail in a display format

Hi

I’ve seen in a previous installation that you can use a image thumbnail in a display format so you dont need to preview the images all the time.

I think I saw this in version 5.01 and wonder if you can do this in 6.5?

Cheers
James

Yes, you can do this in 6.5. See “Adding Thumbnail Previews to Display Formats” on p. 61 of Customizing Content Explorer.

Do you have to restart the server for it to start working?

You usually have to restart the Rhythmyx server to pick up changes in a Rhythmyx properties file (e.g., addThumbnailURL.properties, rxworkflow.properties, authtypes.propertes).

Hi

Are their any issue with this in 6.5.2?

I’ve gone through the steps and restarted the service but my preview doesn’t appear. I’ve tried binary and snippet templates.

The only thing I can think of is that the template are shared. Is there an issue with using a shared template as the preview image?

Cheers
James

James,

What do you see in the Display Format? Is there no image at all or a broken image icon?

Just to cover all bases, can you preview the Templates successfully on their own?

RLJII

Hi

What do you see in the Display Format? Is there no image at all or a broken image icon?

I just see an empty column.

Just to cover all bases, can you preview the Templates successfully on their own?

If I preview a content item with the image it displays correctly.

Cheers
James

James,

I can only think of three other possible problems:

[ol]
[li]The mapping entries are not specified correctly. There should be no spaces between the IDs and the equals sign in the mapping entry.
[/li][li]The IDs are specified as GUIDs rather than as three-digit legacy IDs, as illustrated in the documentation.
[/li][li]One of the IDs is incorrect, making the mapping invalid.
[/li][/ol]

If none of these is the case, then I think Tech Support is the next step for you. I’m not sure we can troubleshoot this one effectively over the forum.

RLJII

Hi Robert

This is how the contenttypes/templates are being specified

659=1816
668=1816
678=1816
657=1816

I’ve tried it with just one entry and also using binary and snippet templates with no joy.

So there’s no issue with using shared templates then as long as they are assigned to the above content types?

I’ll raise this with tech support.

Cheers
James

James,

I don’t know of any reason that a shared Template should cause a problem. The Display Format doesn’t know whether the Template is shared or local.

RLJII

We had a similar problem, it turned out that we had some lines missing from [Rhythmyx root]/rxconfig/Server/config.xml whatever we tried it didn’t work.

Check config.xml contains the following lines

<PSXExtensionCall id="0">
   <name>Java/global/percussion/search/sys_AddThumbnailURL</name>
</PSXExtensionCall>

Hi Kevin

Cheers for that, issue is now sorted.

Cheers
James