Indexing Images that use PSOThumbnailGenerator

We have an image content type which has the PSOThumbnailGenerator exit on it to automatically create resized images, and we only specify the thumbnail width we need but leave the height blank (to default to calculated height), and also we leave MaxDimension blank since we’re specifying width. Search indexing comes up with the following error unless we specify a maxdimension. It’s odd because maxdimension is an optional parameter if width or height is specified.

To fix I think it works if I just put in a large MaxDimension value but still specify our required width…

2013-09-10 14:27:58,536 ERROR [PSSearchIndexEventQueue] Error indexing id 65210 and it has been skipped
java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: “”
at java.lang.NumberFormatException.forInputString(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Integer.parseInt(Unknown Source)
at com.percussion.pso.transform.PSOThumbnailGenerator.preProcessRequest(PSOThumbnailGenerator.java:105)
at com.percussion.data.PSExtensionRunner.preProcessRequest(Unknown Source)
at com.percussion.data.ub.runPreProcessingExtensions(Unknown Source)
at com.percussion.cms.handlers.PSQueryCommandHandler.super(Unknown Source)
at com.percussion.cms.handlers.PSQueryCommandHandler.getResultDocument(Unknown Source)
at com.percussion.cms.handlers.PSContentEditorHandler.getResultDocument(Unknown Source)
at com.percussion.server.PSInternalRequest.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.percussion.server.PSInternalRequest.getResultDoc(Unknown Source)
at com.percussion.cms.objectstore.server.PSServerItem.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.percussion.cms.objectstore.server.PSServerItem.load(Unknown Source)
at com.percussion.cms.objectstore.server.PSServerItem.<init>(Unknown Source)
at com.percussion.cms.objectstore.server.PSServerItem.loadItem(Unknown Source)
at com.percussion.search.PSSearchIndexEventQueue.loadItem(Unknown Source)
at com.percussion.search.PSSearchIndexEventQueue.indexFullItem(Unknown Source)
at com.percussion.search.PSSearchIndexEventQueue.processNextEventSet(Unknown Source)
at com.percussion.search.PSSearchIndexEventQueue.access$100(Unknown Source)
at com.percussion.search.PSSearchIndexEventQueue$1.run(Unknown Source)

Should probably post as a bug I guess…

Andrew

I wonder if something changed with that extension interface/context… We have a similar error with PSOCopyParameter as well. If you wouldn’t mind logging the bug on GitHub I will try to get to it towards the end of this week/early next week.

-n

[QUOTE=allana;20892]We have an image content type which has the PSOThumbnailGenerator exit on it to automatically create resized images, and we only specify the thumbnail width we need but leave the height blank (to default to calculated height), and also we leave MaxDimension blank since we’re specifying width. Search indexing comes up with the following error unless we specify a maxdimension. It’s odd because maxdimension is an optional parameter if width or height is specified.

To fix I think it works if I just put in a large MaxDimension value but still specify our required width…

2013-09-10 14:27:58,536 ERROR [PSSearchIndexEventQueue] Error indexing id 65210 and it has been skipped
java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: “”
at java.lang.NumberFormatException.forInputString(Unknown Source)
at com.percussion.pso.transform.PSOThumbnailGenerator.preProcessRequest(PSOThumbnailGenerator.java:105)
at com.percussion.data.PSExtensionRunner.preProcessRequest(Unknown Source)
at com.percussion.cms.handlers.PSQueryCommandHandler.super(Unknown Source)
at com.percussion.cms.handlers.PSQueryCommandHandler.getResultDocument(Unknown Source)
at com.percussion.cms.handlers.PSContentEditorHandler.getResultDocument(Unknown Source)
at com.percussion.server.PSInternalRequest.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.percussion.server.PSInternalRequest.getResultDoc(Unknown Source)
at com.percussion.cms.objectstore.server.PSServerItem.<init>(Unknown Source)
at com.percussion.cms.objectstore.server.PSServerItem.loadItem(Unknown Source)
at com.percussion.search.PSSearchIndexEventQueue.loadItem(Unknown Source)
at com.percussion.search.PSSearchIndexEventQueue.indexFullItem(Unknown Source)
at com.percussion.search.PSSearchIndexEventQueue.processNextEventSet(Unknown Source)
at com.percussion.search.PSSearchIndexEventQueue.access$100(Unknown Source)
at com.percussion.search.PSSearchIndexEventQueue$1.run(Unknown Source)

Should probably post as a bug I guess…

Andrew[/QUOTE]

Hi Nate,

That would be great, although I’d really really be interested in you having a look at TAR7889 Multiple checkboxtrees in different field groups in preference to this!!!

Thanks, Andrew

Needed to set maxdimension to our width value, hoping people only use landscape images until this is fixed! Setting a large maxdimension only makes the thumbnail huge since it overrides a small width setting anyway…

Hi quick question. I was looking at the log entry and it looks like the error is being thrown when search indexing is happening. Are you getting the exception when the item is saved via the content editor or when search indexing is running?

-n

The indexing alerted me to the problem. I then noticed the content editor also simply fails to load with the same error until you set the maxDimension. (it may also be ok to leave maxDimension blank and fill in both width and height, but that’s not what I want to do so I didn’t try it).

We’re patched to CMS-475 by the way.

Thanks,

I am wondering why the Indexer is triggering an input transform, that should only be fired when the item is saved, I’d thought the indexer was a read-only type process. Will check with Engineering on that. Is the validation error on MaxDimension, Width, Height, or a combination of them?

Also, could you check the name, date time, and size of the PSO Toolkit that you have deployed in /AppServer/server/rx/deploy/rxapp.ear/rxapp.war/WEB-INF/lib?

Thanks,
-nate

[QUOTE=allana;20911]The indexing alerted me to the problem. I then noticed the content editor also simply fails to load with the same error until you set the maxDimension. (it may also be ok to leave maxDimension blank and fill in both width and height, but that’s not what I want to do so I didn’t try it).

We’re patched to CMS-475 by the way.[/QUOTE]

Erm, it’s irrelevant now. I noticed we had old PSO toolkit jars in the lib folder, and all is well after removing them.

Sorry to waste time! :o(

Andrew

:slight_smile: Glad it is fixed!

[QUOTE=allana;20913]Erm, it’s irrelevant now. I noticed we had old PSO toolkit jars in the lib folder, and all is well after removing them.

Sorry to waste time! :o(

Andrew[/QUOTE]