Inline variant slot not working after 6.5.2 upgrade

I have searched the documentation and the forums to find a solution for this and have been unsuccessful (also I’ve been waiting for a response from tech support for more than 3 weeks now and still don’t have a resolution). So, I’m posting here in hopes that someone may recognize this.
Prior to upgrading to 6.5.2 from 5.7, we had one content type associated with the Inline_Variant_Slot, but there weren’t any instances of inline variants being used in our content items. Now, after the upgrade, we are trying to implement these inline templates. We have associated the content type with the Inline_Variant_Slot and created a template for that content type and assigned it under the allowed content for that slot. Now when inserting an inline variant in the ephox window, it doesn’t pull anything from that template. The only thing it does is insert an empty div.
Is there something more I should do to those inline slots to upgrade them? There was no information specific to inline slots in the documentation for the upgrade.
Any help is appreciated.

Hi Creig

Does you inline template have a container div eg

<div class="classname">
snippet code
</div>

if it does not then it wont put anything into ephox.

Cheers
James

Never had that problem myself, but I do know that what information is recorded in relationships depends on what fields are included in the display format used to display search results to the users. So if your display format used for inline variant slots doesn’t included the template, it might not know how to assemble the inline snippet.

OK, it looks like (in part at least) this has something to do with the <div> tag that James mentioned (thanks, James). We’re still working with support, and I’ll post any further information.