Instead of image appearing, i get characters?

Not even sure how to describe this one. For some of the sections of our website we have the option to switch out our logo and put in a new one. PSO created a MACRO that uses a slot on the navon/navtree to select these images and the velocity just crawls up the tree until it finds the image.

Now when it was first implemented, it worked fine and it still works on only the inital pages we did during testing. On any other site I create I get funny characters appearing instead of the image and it doesn’t matter what image I choose. I can preview the image itself and it works fine, it just doesn’t appear in this slot.

Here’s the screen shot of what is showing…

Here is the code used in the template to do this…

#macro(renderNavImages $navnode) ## Added recursive logic to walk up the tree.

##1st 5 lines of code copied from macro node_slot
#__slotsetup("cicaLogoImage" "")##
#set($cloneditem = $sys.assemblyItem.clone())##
$cloneditem.setNode($navnode)##
#set($sys.currentslot.relresults = $rx.asmhelper.assemble($cloneditem,$sys.currentslot.slot,$completeparams))##

#if ($sys.currentslot.relresults.size() > 0)
	#foreach( $relresult in $sys.currentslot.relresults )##
		#set($body = "$rx.doc.extractBody($relresult)")##
		#if($velocityCount == 1)
			#set($landing_page = $navnode.getProperty("nav:url").String)
			<td valign="top" align="left"><a href="${landing_page}">${body}</a></td>
			#else					
			<td valign="top" align="left">${body}</td>
		#end
	#end##	
#else
	#renderNavImages($navnode.getParent())			
#end

#end

The cicaLogoImage slot is allowing the template cicaBnImage …

Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

You are embedding the actual binary template as opposed to linking to it…(this would be the #set($body = “$rx.doc.extractBody($relresult)”)## portion of the slot macro)

The content type to template relationship in the slot should link the image to a snippet template (which then gets a link to the binary template via $rx.location.generate) not the binary template (cicaBnImage)

Excellent, thank you that worked perfectly. I know when PSO originaly set it up it was using the snippet template, not sure why they changed it though so I’ll have to investigate that but its working now for me, thanks again.

Shane