Internationalizing

Hi,

We need to internationalize our application which is currently only in English. I need to prepare an inventory of contents that need to be modified and that need not be modified. What is the approach that should be followed to do this? Do we need to visit each content type, template and slot in the application? If so, then how by looking at these can be identified what needs to be internationalized and what need not be.

Thank you,
-Shruti

Shuti,

Start with Internationalizing and Localizing Rhythmyx (Version 6.7 link).

RLJII

Hi,

I skimmed through the Percussion document on ‘Internationalizing’. It tells about how to go about localizing templates, workflows etc. It also says the templates that would need modification would be those with ‘static text’,‘Alternative Text’. My intent is to identify such templates as part of the first step in internationalizing. To do so, shall I got to Content Explorer–>each folder–> its sub-folder–>view each content item and find out what corresponding template(s) does it belong to? Or is there any other approach to identify the templates to be localized? Once this first step is done, we can go through rest of the steps in the documentation to do localization.

Thank you again,
-Shruti