IO error on publishing

Hello Everyone,

Shane from CICA is having issue with publishing he keeps getting this error:

011-04-25 12:53:43,088 ERROR [com.percussion.rx.delivery.impl.PSBaseDeliveryHandler] Insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service
java.io.IOException: Insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service
at java.io.FileOutputStream.writeBytes(Native Method)
at java.io.FileOutputStream.write(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.commons.io.IOUtils.write(IOUtils.java:554)
at com.percussion.services.assembly.data.PSAssemblyWorkItem.getResultFile(Unknown Source)
at com.percussion.rx.delivery.impl.PSBaseDeliveryHandler.deliver(Unknown Source)
at com.percussion.rx.delivery.impl.PSLocalDeliveryManager.process(Unknown Source)
at com.percussion.rx.publisher.impl.PSPublishHandler.handleDelivery(Unknown Source)
at com.percussion.rx.publisher.impl.PSPublishHandler.processWorkItem(Unknown Source)
at com.percussion.rx.publisher.impl.PSPublishHandler.onWorkItem(Unknown Source)
at com.percussion.rx.publisher.impl.PSPublishHandler.onMessage(Unknown Source)
at

I checked the log and all I have found is this error repeated throughout. I checked he has enough space on the CMS server as well as the FTP server he is publishing to. If anyone has any ideas I would be great full. I am attaching the server.log to this post.

Kind Regards,
NIck

Is he on Windows or Linux? Also do you know how many items he is publishing and if he is publishing to a mapped drive or network resource?

In Java that error typically means the app is running out of memory on the write.

You could also try using the new non transactional mode on the delivery handler and see if that gets around it.

-n

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/995320/file-writeallbytes-causes-error-insufficient-system-resources-exist-to-complete

A more Java oriented URL the one above is .NET. My guess is he is on Windows.

http://groups.google.com/group/h2-database/browse_thread/thread/bdcac9098b292a84/7580beb9b010ffe2

One other thing to check is to preview one of those items that is failing and see how big the file is. If it Assembles in preview my guess is that the issue is more related to either the number of files that are being published and less the individual file size OR to the location it is writing to.