Item Validation Errors - rx image upload (5.7)

Morning All.
Got a very bizarre problem that has just occurred. Business user has advised that she can’t make public an image she has uploaded. When changing workflow to public the following message appears
‘FieldDisplayName - Image:’
‘Field Submit Name - img1’
‘Error Message - img1:at least one value expected’

I’ve checked the content item for any errors and also the image is previewing, there have been no recent changes within the workbench and the ce properties seem to be fine.

If anyone has come across a similar situation I’d appreciate some advice.

Hi Nicki

The img1 file properties, have you got “Treat data as binary” and “Show ‘clear field’ checkbox in binary control” checked?

Cheers
James

Hi Jimbo
Yes to both

Do you have a validation set on a field on the content type that’s not being fulfilled? Try uploading a different image, then try workflowing the item again.

Can see that Validation occurrence is ‘required’ in field properties.

Have tried creating a new item and uploading new image into existing item and both are failing when trying to transition from Edit/Quick Edit to Public.

Flummoxed how something that had worked in the past could suddenly stop working :confused:

The response from Tech Support was:

I’ve just looked at your post and one thing that seems to be in common with the solved issues I’ve found is the “Required” checkbox. Out of curiosity does unchecking the “Required” option help?

Obviously my immediate response was:
it seems to have worked!! I can workflow them into a public state.

I don’t want to leap for joy just yet, but why would they work? These are standard non-customised fast forwards. And also the validation is set as a required occurrence in Dev, we would need something within this field surely. Is this going to have a detrimental affect on the system?

The fields that I’ve changed are as follows:

rxs_File_ce = ‘Field Name - item_filesname’
rxs_Image_ce = ‘Field Name - img1’

Also because these are purely for uploading images you would rightly or wrongly assume that these would be definitely be ‘required’. Either way, it does work.

Thanks for putting out your resolution. As a workaround I also unchecked “Required” checkbox and made “img1_filename” & “img1_type” as required fields.