I was running a JCR Query on Percussion content items to get a report on items that have not been updated for a while. I used this field in my query: rx:sys_contentlastmodifieddate
Strangely, when I was cross verifying the report, I found the Last Modified date behaving oddly. There were several content items which has a more recent Last Modified date, but those items have not been touched for several years. When I ran the revisions/ audit trail, it accurately showed correct date which was several years ago when the item was actually updated or checked in.
Can someone explain the difference between these 2 dates. Strangely, it is not an issue for majority of the items, but is happening for some of the items.