Latest IE Browser Mode

Is there a way to force Percussion to load in the latest browser rendering mode?

Could I insert this somewhere to force it to do so?

Unfortunately any internal site on our network loads in compatibility mode, unless the page specifically tells it not to. This is causing Percussion to not load up correctly in both IE8 and IE9.

It won’t let me edit the above post, but I was hoping to insert the code:

<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=edge">   

Matt,

You can place that in the Additional Head Content box in the Template editor. You can also modify the DocType through the MetaData box on the template and add it after. I have had success with the head code box, though, to avoid messing with the DocType box.

Daved,

I need the actual CM1 system to load in the latest browser mode, not the pages I am designing in the system.

Matt,

Check to see if IE is set to force all pages into Compatibility Mode. As an additional bit of information, IE 9 is not supported but IE 8 is. Because of this, make sure you are running IE 9 in IE 8 mode.

The image below shows the Compatibility Mode setting I am referring to.

Daved,

On that image, it’s the “Display intranet sites in Compatibility View” that is checked for all our users. Unfortunately that is locked down and controlled by our group policies, so I can’t go in and uncheck it.

That is why I was wondering if there is a way to add the meta tag somewhere in Percussion to override this setting.

Thanks.

Matt,

If it’s governed by a GPO, it can’t be overridden, even with the meta tag. The meta tag tells the browser how to render but the setting will force it into compatibility still.

Daved,

Apologies, I misspoke, it’s the “Document Mode” not the “Browser Mode” that can successfully be overridden with the meta tags. We have successfully used this approach on several other internal sites to get around this setting.

By default now, Percussion loads for me in:
Browser Mode: IE8 Compat View
Document Mode: IE7 Standards

If I hit F12, and manually switch the Document Mode to “IE8 Standards”, Percussion then seems to load correctly. That is what I’m hoping to accomplish.

Thanks.

Matt,

Unfortunately, I am unaware of a way to force the browser to display using IE8 Standards mode. There is also no location to inject a meta tag or anything into the interface CM1 loads to force different modes.