License Key

I wanted to verify the license key that we are using. How do you verify the verify license code for an existing running instance?

thanks
Manvinder

Hi Mavinder,

you can use the RxBrander executable to do that. You can also use it to update your key if needed.

You will find in rxroot/bin/RxBrander.exe (or .sh in Unix)

We are moving our Production RX install to a new machine so I needed the license.
When I run the RX brander install, it gives me the same license number and installation code regardless of whether I run this on production or on one of the two development installs.
I am certain that the values on dev are not what I installed with as I documented them at install.

@scrossley Have you cloned your environments? Like copied prod back over dev? If you have done this it will overwrite the dev keys with the prod keys.

-n

[QUOTE=scrossley;20757]We are moving our Production RX install to a new machine so I needed the license.
When I run the RX brander install, it gives me the same license number and installation code regardless of whether I run this on production or on one of the two development installs.
I am certain that the values on dev are not what I installed with as I documented them at install.[/QUOTE]

@natechadwick - We have in the past copied production back over to dev environment so that may explain.
As such, can I assume that when I run RxBrander on our current live environment and the installer starts, then the ‘enter license key’ pre-populated input is our actual live license?
Thanks for the reply.

Yes by default it will show you your production license after a clone. Technically you should probably be re-branding your dev / stage instances after a clone with the correct dev keys.

-n

[QUOTE=scrossley;20761]@natechadwick - We have in the past copied production back over to dev environment so that may explain.
As such, can I assume that when I run RxBrander on our current live environment and the installer starts, then the ‘enter license key’ pre-populated input is our actual live license?
Thanks for the reply.[/QUOTE]

Many thanks again for explanation.