Locale based on community

Is it possible to set the property for sys_lang/locale for new items of content based on the logged in users community or is this only determined my the user choosing thier locale in the content explorer before creating new content?

We are also looking for some solution on this. We want a few fields to be populated automatically depending on the user’s profile when creating new content items. Is there a way to acheive this?

Ravi

Hi Ravi

In one of the recent versions of the toolkit there’s PSOJexlEvaluatorUDF which you can use as a generator for default values so should give you more scope.

http://forum.percussion.com/showthread.php?t=2578&highlight=PSOJexlEvaluatorUDF

Cheers
James

Thanks, So can I use that extension (with some modifications) to prepopulate few fields of the content item based on user’s profile

Our requirement is slightly different as I can see that the default value for sys_lang is retrieved from the user session object which I assume is the locale the user is in in the Content Explorer.

What we would like to do is make the default value that of the Site folder the item is created in but I am not sure of the best way to achieve this. The main reason for this is that we don’t want the Content Explorer to be localised when changing locale and edit live menus change to arabic when switching to an arabic locale.

OK I have figured out that it is possible to override the Ephox localisation by explicity setting the locale value in the JavaScript