Looking for a way to alert users

We are looking for a way to alert users to upcoming information pertaining to their use of Rhythmyx. It might be a scheduled upgrade, or downtime, possible a wide-spread bug, or maybe just a general information refresher. I don’t think there is a way to do that currently out of the box, but we were looking to either have some sort of information box in the header, or just some sort of information widget on the login screen. I am just wondering if anyone has done anything similar or has any information that they would like to share.

Alex

Alex,

Unfortunately I haven’t seen a “clean method” for achieving this feature.
Are you open to modifying the HTML template files associated with content explorer or the login screen? I can pinpoint the files that would get you into the HTML.

Yes. We would be okay with that provided they didn’t require a restart to update them, or that we could use some sort of include to a local file that could be modified.

Alex,

You can edit the XSL files in /sys_cx/ to display a special message. You will need to log into Server Administrator and restart the sys_cx Application which should take a couple of seconds (Did for us).

You can also edit files in /AppServer/server/rx/deploy/rxapp.ear/rxapp.war/ or /AppServer/server/rx/deploy/jboss-web.deployer/ROOT.war/ that shouldn’t require a restart.