lookupVariantsBySite

Hi does anybody know how this resource in rx_supportSiteFolderContentList works.

I have created a new site and am just testing the publishing. Some of my content types publish correctly. However, I have one in particular that will not appear in the content list although items are set to public. Checking the console log, I see that the items are getting picked up for publishing, but the lookupVariantsBySite for this particular content type returns no results and therefore the items are not publishing and do not appear on the content list.

I am sure there is something very simple that I have forgotten to do but have tried everything i can think of.

Does anyone have any ideas please.

thanks
michelle

Michelle,

One configuration that’s easy to overlook is associating the Variants with the Site’s Community. I’ve occasionally missed this one.

We can identify the problem more easily if you tell us the configurations you have already checked.

RLJII

[QUOTE=poferries;2436]Hi does anybody know how this resource in rx_supportSiteFolderContentList works.

I have created a new site and am just testing the publishing. Some of my content types publish correctly. However, I have one in particular that will not appear in the content list although items are set to public. Checking the console log, I see that the items are getting picked up for publishing, but the lookupVariantsBySite for this particular content type returns no results and therefore the items are not publishing and do not appear on the content list.

I am sure there is something very simple that I have forgotten to do but have tried everything i can think of.

Does anyone have any ideas please.

thanks
michelle[/QUOTE]

Check the templates you are using for this CT and make sure you have the correct sites associated with them.

Thanks for your help guys. this is what i have checked so far.

I have 3 communities who have access to the site - in their configuration they all have the site, the content type and the variant assigned to them.

The content item has one variant which is associated with the correct site.

I have put a default variant id on that field in the ce.

Can’t think what else to check. The content items are public and are obviously getting picked up by the publishing routine but it fails on the variant lookup.

thanks
michelle

Michelle,

In 5.7, there’s a setting in the variant registration (in the “System Tab”) that controls which Variants are visible on which sites. (in 6.x, this is part of the template settings in the workbench). You need to make sure that your variant is registered on the site / community that you are publishing.

Dave

Hi dave

yes i have the correct site registered with the variant

thanks
michelle

ok guys

thanks for you help with this - have now fixed it.

the problem was, the variant id lookup in the ce - was pointing to the wrong content type.

regards
michelle