Make WYSIWYG Editor size bigger

The WYSIWYG editior only shows 6 lines. This is causing a problem for our users, as they would prefer to see a much bigger WYSIWYG field. Is there any way we can increase the number of lines visible for the editor?

thanks
Manvinder

Manvinder,

If the users want to click the ‘window view’ button (found on the left, just above the text box) they can get to a full-screen view of the Ephox editor. The same button will toggle them back to the content creation screen to fill in any additional fields on that particular content item.

If you want to set the default ephox control to be larger, there is a setting for that - I’m just not sure where it is off the top of my head.

Please let us know if the ‘window view’ button is what you were looking for or if you want me to look up where the setting is for the size of the ephox field.

Best,

-Mark

You can also change the width/height of the ephox control by modifying the properties of the control on the field. Click on the […] next to the sys_EditLive control of your field which opens the properties dialog. Double-click on an empty row within the parameters and set the width and height to your desired value.

Thanks for your help. The problem is that the parameter value for height max that we can set it to is only limited to 300.
If you try to set it to a value greater than 300, then after you save it, the value is reset to 300 automatically by the system. Is there any way to override this max value, or I am wrong about it?

thanks
Manvinder

Go to workbench -> UI -> Content Editor -> System Controls

Search within that file for “ephox” and there is a block of 8-10 lines of code where you can set the default height & width of the Ephox inline frame.

This may require a server restart to take effect. I haven’t changed this in recent memory.

-Mark