Minifying everything after publishing

This is somewhat related to Percussion Resources Not Compressed but it would be neat to minify everything going from html (if you check the view source - too many unnecessary spaces, etc.) to css/js (both ours and Percussion) for much better performance, etc.

Thought?

Maybe give few options such as “Nested”, “Expanded”, “Compact” and “Compressed”.

Anyone? :slight_smile:

This is a great idea but not something we have planned at this time. Generally speaking we are looking at the issue of website optimization for mobile as part of our ongoing effort and this may be addressed under that general heading.

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Minify HTML by default after each publishing.

According to Google Analytics, we are having so-so performance when using Percussion. These are Percussion related, not my side. 

I don’t care if enabling minifying will increase publishing time and I am for it. We set auto-full publish every 3:15 a.m. in the morning.

Please make this as top priority especially when it comes to mobile. Minifying everything will be huge helpful. I have noticed some newest college websites does minify everything.

These are from Google Analytics

Minify HTML
Compacting HTML code, including any inline JavaScript and CSS contained in it, can save many bytes of data and speed up download and parse times.

Minify HTML for the following resources to reduce their size by 18.2KiB (35% reduction).

• Minifying http://www.sfcollege.edu/index.php could save 18.2KiB (35% reduction).
    Minify CSS
    Compacting CSS code can save many bytes of data and speed up download and parse times.

Minify CSS for the following resources to reduce their size by 8.6KiB (26% reduction).

Minify JavaScript
Compacting JavaScript code can save many bytes of data and speed up downloading, parsing, and execution time.

Minify JavaScript for the following resources to reduce their size by 5.5KiB (3% reduction).

Also, enable compressionCompressing resources with gzip or deflate can reduce the number of bytes sent over the network.

Enable compression for the following resources to reduce their transfer size by 579.1KiB (74% reduction). I only have 3 files but the rest are Percussion.

It’s all about improving performance. Please make this happen. Thanks!