MSM archiving: unable to create jexl expression from the binding.

While experimenting with creating archives of templates using Multi-Server Manager, I consistently get the error, “An unexpected error has occurred: unable to create jexl expression from the binding” after selecting templates and clicking Next. Any ideas for troubleshooting?

Correction: I was successful in creating archives for FF1_Workflows_65 and FF5_Communities_65, FF6_Communities_65, and FF7_ImplementationElements_65 but not for the other standard descriptors, such as Templates and Slots.

MSM tries to check the bindings of each Template you are trying to include in the archive looking for references to other objects. MSM is encountering an error while trying to parse one of these bindings as a JEXL expression.

Check the templates you are trying to package with MSM. If you can narrow the problem it down to a particular Template, check the bindings to be sure the values are all valid JEXL expressions.

Are there any logs I can view, to see where it’s failing? I notice that I can view logs after a successful installation.

No, there are no logs written at this point in the process.

Sorry to dig up an old thread, but I am having this exact problem when trying to package up the rff slots (rffAutoCalendarEvents). I have checked the template, and can’t see anything wrong with the bindings. Is there any way to debug what is breaking it? Any developments on how to get this working?

Thanks,

-Jason

Jason - The error message does not provide enough information to identify the root cause of the problem. Please contact Percussion Technical Support for assistance.