MSM to deploy changes

I have had several questions and errors with using MSM to deploy a release developed by PSO.

Here is a summary of the issues:

1. Authtype is not an option for certain identifyng certain ID types but I have been advised by Percussion PSO that they should be options.

2. Define Transforms Element Maps dialog - should I map the content items or remove these from the list?

3. When creating the Locales archive, I get an error and the archive fails to be created: The column “LOOKUPVALUE” in the table “RXLOOKUP” contains an invalid value: “null”

4. Should the Folders(Folder Definition) and Sites(Folder Definition) be checked when creating the Folders archive?

5. When installing an archive containing the newly cloned sites in the release created by PSO, should I not install the existing sites? If I should include the existing sites, should I not include the existing editions? There are no site registration or edition changes for the existing sites. Of course, we do want the ACLs for communities to be deployed but I don’t know if that is relevant in this context.

6. Regarding the deployment of the ACLs, PSO has previously mentioned that these are stored as attributes of objects. Does that imply that I should re-install all the content types? And if so, do I need to include the schemas? If the schemas are included what happens to the data? Are the schema changes handled as alter table statements and therefore existing data is preserved?

7. When attempting to install the component archive, I get an error that prevents the installation: Processing Component Slot slt_pub_nav, Status: Installing archive on server: 85%, Process Aborted (The process is aborted: error: Cannot locate an ID mapping for dependency of type “ComponentDef” with ID “8” from source repository “oracle:thin:@155.206.11.103:2021:dbd1::RXNOAA9924”

8. When attempting to install the Folders Trees archive, I get an error that prevents the installation: Processing Folder Tree Definition Features (Sites/NMFS_NWFSC/Fe…, Status: Installing archive on server: 66%, Process Aborted (The process is aborted: error: An unexpected error has occurred: Failed to add child objects to folder “NMFS_NWFSC”. The objects had non-unique names within the target folder:. These objects had non-unique names within supplied new children: Features.

9. When attempting to install the Sites archive, only 3 new sites are successfully installed. 4 fail to install.

Thanks,
Kevin