Multiple site file & database delivery through 6.7

I’m not sure why I’m asking this as I’m sure the answer is no but here goes…

• I have a number of sites set up for filesystem publishing (for different language subdomains - en.blah.com, es.blah.com, de.blah.com…).
  • I also have a couple of database publishing sites set up.
  • These sites all form a compete public website.

At the moment I have a scheduled task in 6.7 which starts one edition, and at the end of that edition I have a post edition task which runs a batch file, which in turn runs one of the other editions etc. etc. This way all my editions publish one after another without me having to guess how long editions will take and manually scheduling them to run.

Although I love the queue,prepare,deliver mechanism in 6.7 publishing editions the problem for me is that it only works within a single edition. I’d love to get all my publishing done locally (for the multiple sites, both filesystem and database), then deliver them all to the destination server at one.

Back to my question… is this possible or should I be heading back down the rsync route like in the pre 6.7 days…?

Thanks in advance.

David,

Percussion CM does not currently have the functionality you describe.

In Version 6.6 and later, Percussion CM processes multiple Editions in parallel, so you can’t be sure the last Edition streamed will not be finished before the first Edition streamed. The approach you are currently using is probably the best option to achieve your goal.

RLJII

The way we have got round this is to use SQLite as a database.

We first database publish to an oracle scheme which sits alongside the rhythmyx database. Then as part of a post edition task we have a perl script that takes all the tables in the published schema and converts them to an SQLite file database. We then rsync the whole lot to all the web servers this way everything is file based and all kept in sync. It also has the advantage that if you have multiple web servers you are not relying on a single database server.