Navigation errors in 6.5.2

Hi

I have upgraded our test system to 6.5.2 and also patched it with RX-13071. I have been testing the upgrade and found a couple of navigation template problems on our latest project which work fine on our live environment, which is on 6.1.

The error message received when previewing a page that includes the nav template is as follows:

Problem assembling output for item: 1-101-14009 with template: rhPgHome exception: Transaction rolled back because it has been marked as rollback-only see log for stack trace

If I attempt to just preview the template on its own I get the following error message

Problem assembling output for item: 1-101-14812 with template: rhSnHomepageNav exception: Clobs are not cacheable see log for stack trace

These messages don’t mean anything to me and there is nothing further in the console log. I checked the velocity log and the following error appears:

2008-02-12 18:05:49,613 - Method getProperty threw exception for reference $navon in template rhSnNavHomepage at [18,38]

In my template I replaced my velocity with just the following:

$navon
$navon.getProperty(“rx:nav_selector”).String
$navon.getProperty(“nav:url”).String
$navon.getProperty(“rx:displaytitle”).String
$navon.getProperty(“nav:landingPage”)

The same error messages appear until you remove the lines

$navon.getProperty(“nav:url”).String
$navon.getProperty(“nav:landingPage”)

then it renders a page.

As I said, the templates work fine in our live environment.

Any assistance would be gratefully appreciated.

Thanks and regards

Richard

Richard,

We’ve seen something somewhat similar in another customer. We’re currently debugging that system, and I’ll post some things to look out for when we find the problem.

Dave

Hi Dave,

We are currently experiencing the same error message when publishing navon items:

Problem assembling output for item: 4-101-17434 with template: agfPgNavLeftJS
org.springframework.transaction.UnexpectedRollbackException: Transaction rolled back because it has been marked as rollback-only

Do you have any update on this issue? Thank you

Runping

We had similar errors with other content types when we upgraded. It was to do with field sizes specified in the database not matching with those specified in the content type definition in the objectstore. So fields set to max were not specified as CLOBs in the database or the other way round CLOBs in the database were not specified as max in the content type definition.

The error was not exactly the same but similar and it only happened when we upgraded, I think rhythmyx handles getProperty slightly differently in 6.5.2

[QUOTE=runping;6620]Hi Dave,

We are currently experiencing the same error message when publishing navon items:

Problem assembling output for item: 4-101-17434 with template: agfPgNavLeftJS
org.springframework.transaction.UnexpectedRollbackException: Transaction rolled back because it has been marked as rollback-only

Do you have any update on this issue? Thank you

Runping[/QUOTE]

Every time we have seen this error message the root cause was a Dispatch template that was attempting to dispatch to a non-existant template. Please check that your dispatch templates generate the correct values.

Thank you for everyone’s information.

We have identified this issue that the site we use in publishing has the site root folder empty in the site configuration. After we put “//Folders” in site root folder field, the publishing went through.

Thanks