New Content Type Not Publishing

I’m still getting a handle on creating a new template in our existing site.

So far, it looks good in the previews, but when I mark it as public, it doesn’t get picked up by the publish cycle. There are no errors; it is as if the new file just doesn’t exist.

Where should I start looking?

I found one piece. I didn’t have the content type added to the publishing context. Fixed that, ran a full publish, but still nothing.

Brien,

When you say you marked “it” as public, it sounds like you mean the Template. Do you have a Content Item that uses the Template? Is the Content Item public?

RLJII

You are correct. I created a page using the new content type and set it to ‘public’.

A little more detail about what I’m trying to do:

A third party designed and built our site. I am using their ‘generic’ template (which has the site header, nav and footer) as a model to build a blank template which has no header, nav, footer or style sheet.

I have actually deleted all of my ‘blank’ template objects and will try again. Still – input is welcome!

Brien,

Try previewing the Content List to ensure that the Content Item is being selected for publish. Also test the JCR query to confirm that the Content Item is being selected for the Content List.

RLJII

Double check the sites to which the template is assigned? Whenever I create a new template it does not take the sites I selected during the wizard process and I have to go back in an reselect them.

[QUOTE=rljohnson;16843]Brien,
Try previewing the Content List to ensure that the Content Item is being selected for publish.

Also test the JCR query to confirm that the Content Item is being selected for the Content List.
[/QUOTE]

I’m still really new to all of this – I’ll do a little research so I can understand where to go to check those things. Thanks again for the help.

Brien,

On testing your Content Lists, see “Testing Your Content Lists”, p. 337 in the Implementation Guide (Version 6.7 link).

On testing your JCR queries, see “Testing JSR-170 Queries”, p. 197 of the same document.

RLJII