Non-Transition requests

Can we append a non-transition request to a transition action? e.g. I would like to Check Out an item when we Rework(transtion action) it from Stage to Draft. By default, after Rework it is checked in.

This isn’t something that can be done “out of the box”, it will require a little coding.

You can write a Workflow action that checks out the item to the current user and then attach this workflow action to the Rework transition.

However, if you do this, make sure that the item will always be edited by the same user who performs the rework transition. If you only want this to happen “some of the time”, something as hard and fast as workflow action might cause more overhead than it saves.

I’m not sure I understand why you want to do this. When the item is actually edited, it will be checked out automatically by the content editor.

Dave

I wanted to do it because if you use Active Assembly to update items, you need to explicitly Rework and CheckOut to modify the items. Most of our users would be using Active Assembly to update items.