Option for users to reset their passwords

I recommend an enhancement that would allow users to reset their passwords, or to receive a password reminder (if email notifications are enabled).

In larger orgs and more complex sites, resetting passwords might become a time drain for Site Admins.

Note: This topic was created from a reply on the How do I reset my password? topic.

I would really like to see this too. Its a security issue for me.

I would recommend this.

When we created a new user, I was wondering what’s the purpose of having their email address if there is no password reset option? Also, when creating new user, I would recommend “auto generate” password so I don’t have to type it out weak password every time :slight_smile: Then send it to them…

AND for NEW Contributor / Editor, I would recommend removing all default dashboard gadgets and place Bulk Upload, Page Approval, etc. EVERY TIME we create a new user. Hope I make sense :slight_smile:

I agree having the bulk uploader as a default would be great on the Dashboard.

I think the email addresses current purpose is to send workflow notifications, but again I agree it would be great if upon creation of a new user it would send an email to that person with their login and password, a link to the site and maybe an option to add a custom message like Google does with its sharing. Also a way for them to change their password upon first login and a retrieval process would also be great. (Although I will be looking at hooking up cm1 to single sign on active directory or whatever its called when I get some time. If you want to send me to an article about it that would be great.)

Also on my wish list would be a way to send out an email message to all my cm1 users. So to have them as a distribution list, so I can send them messages about system upgrades ect… Even away to export it to import into gmail or something like that.

Good point about System Upgrade! Not only sending 'em email about system upgrade but also, place bright red banner on top of CMS (that is after they logged in) AND if they have yet logged in, it should show up in login screen, too…

Are there any plans for this? We don’t use LDAP, so it would be great if users had the ability to change their own passwords. 

So I asked the rest of my IT team again and they need to know the answer to this question;

We need to see if CM1 can integrate with ADFS (Active Directory Federated Services) or Microsoft Azure AD?

Anyone know the answer?

Sandy

I need to have something that we can install on the DMZ that will allow connection like ASFS.  They won’t open up direct access to AD as it opens a whole to our whole internal system.  The risk of compromise it to great hence the reason for creating the and using the DMZ, or some other cloud based system like Google.

Is this in the plans?