Oracle RAC connection in Rhythmyx 6.5.2?

Is it possible to make a Rhythmyx 6.5.2 instance connect to an Oracle 10g Real Application Cluster service URL? I know how to make it connect to one of the nodes in the cluster but of course there’s no advantage gained by doing that… We’d like to connect to the cluster itself for greater reliability and such.

If it can be done what’s the special config required to make it work?

Thanks

We are using Oracle 10g RAC. You can set it up, after installing Rhythmyx 6.5.2, by editing the Rhythmyx\AppServer\server\rx\deploy\rx-ds.xml file. Delete everything after jdbc:oracle:thin:@ within the <connection-url> element and paste in a connection string like the following…

(DESCRIPTION = 
	(LOAD_BALANCE=yes)
	(FAILOVER=ON)
	(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP)(HOST=[I]hostname1[/I])(PORT=[I]portnum1[/I]))
	(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP)(HOST=[I]hostname2[/I])(PORT=[I]portnum2[/I]))
	(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP)(HOST=[I]hostname3[/I])(PORT=[I]portnum3[/I]))
	(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP)(HOST=[I]hostname4[/I])(PORT=[I]portnum4[/I]))
	(CONNECT_DATA=
		(SERVER=DEDICATED)
		(SERVICE_NAME=[I]servicename.domain[/I])
		(FAILOVER_MODE =
			(TYPE=SESSION)
			(METHOD=BASIC)
		)
	)
)

…but remove all spaces, tabs and newline characters - and obviously fill in your own server names, ports, service name and domain - before pasting it into rx-ds.xml.

Those settings work for us, but YMMV

Andrew.

try something like this:

url="jdbc:oracle:thin:@(Description = (ADDRESS_LIST = (LOAD_BALANCE = yes) (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = node1v.db.your.school)(PORT = 1521)) (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = node2v.db.your.school)(PORT = 1521))(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = node3v.db.your.school)(PORT = 1521))(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = node4v.db.your.school)(PORT = 1521))) (CONNECT_DATA = (SERVICE_NAME = PPORT.db.your.school)))

seems to work… thanks!