Output image link in editlive using db template

Hi,

Is that a way to output the actual link of the image attached in the EditLive using db template?

I have setup in the following in db template:

First variable :-
$row.editlivefieldName
$sys.item.getProperty(‘rx:editlivefieldName’)

Second variable :-
$row.$encoding.editlivefieldName
‘base64’

In the db field shown below after it published out.

com.percussion.utils.jsr170.PSProperty@11c31eb[name=rx:editlivefieldName,value=<null>,initialized=false]

If I set the first variable like this after converted to String

$row.editlivefieldName
$sys.item.getProperty(‘rx:editlivefieldName’).String

Then, I would get the text in the editlive but not the image

Any ideas?

Hi Friendly

Are you using a different context for database publishing?

Then, I would get the text in the editlive but not the image

Do you just see an empty src attribute or it is the whole image tag that’s missing?

Cheers
James

Hi James,

Thank you for replying me back.

Yes, I have created a new contexts with different type of location schemes. Each location scheme has defined with the CT and DB template. The JEXL Expression is using
<code>
‘item’+$sys.item.getProperty(‘rx:sys_contentid’).String+’.xml’
</code>

In the editlive, if i insert a Rhythmyx image content item and some descriptions text next to the image in the editlive. In the db field, I can only see the description text with no image tags after i converted to string

$sys.item.getProperty(‘rx:editlivefieldName’).String

but if I use the object then I will get

com.percussion.utils.jsr170.PSProperty@11c31eb[name=rx:editlivefieldName,value=,initialized=false]

in the database field.

Hi Friendly

Does your image have a location scheme for the database publishing context?

Cheers
James

Hi James,

It wasn’t but then I added it back. However, the db field value still showing the <p /> tag without the image.

The inserted image in the EditLive is using the image CT with a binary template and that is what been set up in the context

During the preview of the db template, the field is showing below

< img alt="" src="http://localhost:9992/Rhythmyx/assembler/render?sys_contentid=879&sys_revisio

Now I am wondering is it possible to output the image tag in the db field using db template?

Cheers,

F

hi Friendly,

Did you ever get your issue resolved?

I have
$summary = $navnode.getProperty(“nav:landingPage”).Node.getProperty(“rx:callout”).String
And $summary will NOT display if image is embedded in field “callout”