Page re-sizes and realigns but rich text widget does not

When I re-size the page manually in preview mode(by dragging the side of the window in and out), everything re-sizes accordingly but code/text placed in a rich text widget.
Background images will shrink/enlarge with the window width but widgets do not. Am I using the wrong type of widget or something else?

Scott,

Great question, it sounds like you are creating a responsive site. Did you write your own CSS or were you using something like a bootstrap, or Percussion’s Responsive templates?

Whichever the case may be, it sounds to me that the “widgets” you have on your page, have fixed “width/height” attributes. What I would suggest is using *firebug, or google chrome’s element inspector to verify this. If its the case, you can go to the “layout” of the page, and double click on the widget in question, and apply a % value for the width/height, or attach a class/ID to it to make it adhere to your responsive CSS.

Let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.

It was due to some margins that were set previously in the css. Overriding them corrected the issue.

Perfect. Good luck with your project :slight_smile:

Thanks!