Percussion Won't Start After Migration

We have followed documentation here to migrate our Percussion CM1 environment. Everything went over smoothly, but we cannot start Percussion using either the Rhythmx or StartServer commands. When we do, the site does not come up at the new address (“site cannot be reached”).

No errors are shown until we shut it down. It tells us:

Error: could not find libjava.so
Error: Could not find Java SE Runtime Environment.

While this is a new Ubuntu server, we have installed Java using:
sudo apt-get install default-jre
sudo apt-get install default-jdk

…as well as 32-bit versions and software included in this documentation

When we type java -version we get:
openjdk version 1.8.0_151, etc…

Just wondering what we’re missing? Another thing I noticed is that our log file at /AppServer/server/rx/log isn’t even updating when we boot up to produce any errors we might have. 

'Preciate any help you might send our way! Thanks.

Percussion includes it’s own JRE in the /JRE folder the PercussionServer.bin.lax file should be pointed at that JRE. Are you migrating from one linux server to another? Or Windows to Linux?

-n

Gotcha, thanks. Yes, we’ve migrated from Ubuntu to Ubuntu. 

So would we need to Install the JRE from that folder somehow to simply point to it from our PercussionServer.bin.lax file?

You shouldn’t need to install a JRE.  There should be one already in the /JRE folder.

In the lax file, try updating this option to include the full path:

lax.nl.current.vm=/JRE/bin/java

Also verify that the lax.nl.win32.java.launcher.platform= option is set to 0. This prefers the 64-bit JRE.

Do you know what version of CM1 you are migrating? Just want to confirm that it’s not an older 32-bit version.

-n

Was able to add the path, but not the win32 option. Didn’t see anything with win32 in the file.

We’re running version 5.3.0. I’m fairly certain it’s 64 bit.

Starting Percussion now to see if it works.

Should the line look like this?

lax_nl_current_vm=/home/webmaster/Percussion/JRE/bin/java

Or 

lax_nl_current_vm="/home/webmaster/Percussion/JRE/bin/java"

lax_nl_current_vm=/home/webmaster/Percussion/JRE/bin/java  Should be the right one. 

It may make sense to pull this in as a support ticket if that doesn’t fix it - a screen share may be easier to troubleshoot on. 

-n

No luck :confused:

Can we setup a screenshare for Monday? 

This issue was solved by:

1. Copying over missing .lax files from original instance

2.  Applying 32 bit libraries in 64 bit ubuntu machine; commands: dpkg --add-architecture i386
apt-get update ``` apt-get install libc6:i386 libstdc++6:i386