Product Roadmap

Is there a product roadmap anywhere for CM System? I am just curious to see if there are any official plans to migrate off of Java at all in the future. Or at least to TinyMCE or a different editor.

Alex

Hi,

Yes, the engineering team is currently prototyping a 7.3 Patch with AjaxSwing to generate an AJAX based user interface for the Content Explorer applet. So far this looks very promising. As part of that work, in the current sprint we are spiking Tiny MCE (this is the rich text editor that we use in CM1) as a possible alternative to replace the editor applet. We are actively looking for beta testers for this line of patches, so if you are interested in that, please either reply to this thread, or contact Customer Success and we will work on getting that beta access setup for you.

Please note that this work is in a beta/pre-release state, with no clear final delivery date yet, so wouldn’t be appropriate for a production deployment at this time.

-n

[QUOTE=ajhughes;21138]Is there a product roadmap anywhere for CM System? I am just curious to see if there are any official plans to migrate off of Java at all in the future. Or at least to TinyMCE or a different editor.

Alex[/QUOTE]

Hi Nate,

We would be very interested in trying out this patch for 7.3.

Is there a release date for 7.4 or would this patch likely be released before 7.4 is released.

Alex

Alex,

That’s great. I will see what we can do to get this setup, look out for an email about the beta in the next few days / early next week.

We are treating version 7.3 as a stable long term support (LTS) release. So this patch will come before a next version. Unless a major feature requires a new installer, our current plan is to release new functionality and fixes via the Patch mechanism. This means that there is no date planned for a 7.4 release currently, but that can change in the future as work is prioritized. Basically if work can’t fit into a patch, that would trigger a 7.4 being scheduled.

-n

[QUOTE=ajhughes;21140]Hi Nate,

We would be very interested in trying out this patch for 7.3.

Is there a release date for 7.4 or would this patch likely be released before 7.4 is released.

Alex[/QUOTE]