Promotable version

Hello

I have an item in the Public state and when I right-click and select Create -> Promotable version I get a new window with a HTTP 500 Internal server error.

I have looked in the workbench [UI Elements Design -> Content Explorer -> Menus -> Cascading -> Create -> Edit_PromotableVersion] and checked visibilty, rules etc. but cannot find anything amiss.

Having the ability to create a Promotable version of a public item would solve some workflow and publishing issues we are experiencing.

Can anyone help?

Cara

Cara,

Do you see an error in the server log?

RLJII

Hello

Doh! Never thought of that. Here is the console.log entry

ERROR [Cms] An unexpected exception occurred. The reason was: “Promotable Version” is not a known relationship configuration… Please consult the log for further information.

I am guessing this means I need to do some config work in the Workbench. Haven’t found anything useful in the PDF docs though

Cara

The PV relationship is there by default, and so unless somebody has removed it, there’s probably something deeper wrong. Look at the relationship configurations and see if PV is there.

What version is this?

Dave

Hi David

We are using 6.5.2.

I’ll have another look around in the Workbench and see what I can find.

Thanks,
Cara

I think it is a naming issue. At some point, we changed the names of the relationship configurations to get rid of spaces. For some reason,I think your action didn’t get updated. Edit the Promotable version menu action and change the relationship config to PromotableVersion.