PSOSmartPreview on Version 7.3 throwing Java Lang Null Pointer Exception

I have an issue with the PSOSmartPreview tool on two installation of Rhythmyx that have been upgraded to 7.3. The first had Smart Preview installed and working and appears initialises as normal in the logs

2014-07-30 08:42:47,799 INFO [com.percussion.servlets.PSDispatcherServlet] FrameworkServlet ‘PSOSmartPreviewServlet’: initialization completed in 228532 ms

However in the Content Explorer a 20006:java.lang.NullPointerException error is thrown

My second system was upgraded and then post upgrade I have deployed and configured Smart Preview. In this instance I get the “class not found” error when initialising:

2014-07-30 09:21:45,290 INFO [org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.[jboss.web].[localhost].[/Rhythmyx]] Initializing Spring FrameworkServlet ‘PSOSmartPreviewServlet’
2014-07-30 09:21:45,507 ERROR [org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet] Context initialization failed
org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name ‘configuredSiteLoader’ defined in BeanDefinition defined in ServletContext resource [/WEB-INF/addins/PSOSmartPreview/PSOSmartPreview-servlet.xml]: Initialization of bean failed; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.CannotLoadBeanClassException: Cannot find class [com.percussion.pso.preview.ConfigurableSiteLoaderImpl] for bean with name ‘scopedTarget.configuredSiteLoader’ defined in ServletContext resource [/WEB-INF/addins/PSOSmartPreview/PSOSmartPreview-servlet.xml]; nested exception is java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.percussion.pso.preview.ConfigurableSiteLoaderImpl

Can anyone suggest if this is a conflict with the build of Smart Preview and 7.3 or have I somehow deployed the code incorrectly?

Many thanks.

In the first case of the null pointer exception I believe it is to do with the Action Menu XML generated
I have created the xml from
Smart Preview …/user/addins/psosmartpreview/default.html?sys_contentid=37859&sys_folderid=31968&sys_revision=58&launchesWindow=yes&target=aavariant

Standard Preview …/rxs_cxSupport/variantlist.html?sys_contentid=37859&sys_folderid=31968&sys_revision=58&sys_siteid=505&launchesWindow=yes&target=aavariant

Hi Dan,

Have you tried applying the latest version of Smart Preview extension from GitHub?

https://github.com/percussion/PSOSmartPreview/blob/master/README.md

-n

[QUOTE=fosterd;21232]In the first case of the null pointer exception I believe it is to do with the Action Menu XML generated
I have created the xml from
Smart Preview …/user/addins/psosmartpreview/default.html?sys_contentid=37859&sys_folderid=31968&sys_revision=58&launchesWindow=yes&target=aavariant

Standard Preview …/rxs_cxSupport/variantlist.html?sys_contentid=37859&sys_folderid=31968&sys_revision=58&sys_siteid=505&launchesWindow=yes&target=aavariant[/QUOTE]

Yep tried that on my upgraded install (the second scenario) and the class not found exception is still being thrown!

This may be a copy and paste issue but the error has a space in the class name. Can you confirm that there isn’t a space in the class name in:

/WEB-INF/addins/PSOSmartPreview/PSOSmartPreview-servlet.xml

Definitely move this ticket to support@percussion.com if this does not resolve the issue.

-n

OK scrap that it seems the .jar files were not being copied over from the latest download so I read the deploy XML and figured out where they needed copying to and all appears to be working now!

Dan,

I logged a bug on this issue: https://github.com/percussion/PSOSmartPreview/issues/3

If you can provide any comments or details on the bug as to what needs fixed that will help.

Thanks!

-n