PSX_PUBLICATION_SITE_ITEM table

I was looking at the table: PSX_PUBLICATION_SITE_ITEM
This table has over 40000 rows of data in it. Is it OK to delete all the rows in this table?
If I delete all the rows in this table, will it impact anything else?

thanks
Manvinder

You need to delete form a couple other tables as well since their are foreign and primary keys on each of these tables. You will want to delete in this order:

DELETE FROM PSX_PUBLICATION_SITE_ITEM;
DELETE FROM PSX_PUBLICATION_DOC;
DELETE FROM PSX_PUBLICATION_STATUS

We have over 200k rows in that table. We are running sys_purgePublishingLog (a scheduled task which probably does what you expect it to do) and have set it to clear out items after a week…

I believe those tables are used when unpublishing an item (so that the system knows what to unpublish), but I may be wrong…

Thanks for the info…I will purge content from those tables as well.

The root problem that we are facing is that we have hundreds of content items that are getting published during incremental even if the item has not been updated. Infact, if I run an incremental edition, and then immediately run another incremental edition before anyone has newly pushed an item to PUBLIC state, even then I see over 800+ items republished. The items are mainly of content type AutoIndex and Page.

Any clues?

thanks
Manvinder

The whole concept of the autoindexer is that they would get published on every incremental. That, compounded with the fact that any generic page (non autoindexer) that has an autoindexer item (snippet template) in it will also get published in an incremental (which is by design), is probably what you are seeing…

Isnt there any way to override this behavior?

Also is there any property for the auto index where we specify if all the items need to be republished during incremental publish, or is that all built-in?

thanks
Manvinder

See: Automated Slots and Publishing or your post about it… Autoslot in Contained Slots field