publish queue time out

We’ve got a situation where we are publishing some special internal templates to track content… in these cases these are getting used for internal use only, and only get published as needed. However, they are also pretty resource-intensive and we are coming up against what looks like a 10-minute limit to generating files at publish time… ie, if the page takes 10+ minutes the whole publisher aborts.

is there a way to extend this timeout? Even if we wanted to do it temporarily?

bhaigh,

Have you checked the logs for any additional information? What is the exact message that you receive upon time out? What version of Rhythmyx/CM System are you using?

The log just says that the edition has “been aborted by publish queue timed out.” ie there’s timeout somewhere that seems to trigger if the item takes 10 minutes to render (when I publish single items, it aborts right at the 10 minute mark so that seems to be where it’s hitting).

This is on Percussion 6.7.

bhaigh,

Have you solved this issue or found a workaround? I’m getting the same “aborted by publish queue timed out” message and there really isn’t any other useful information in the logs for troubleshooting.

Try turning on the following debug for com.percussion.rx.publisher.impl.PSPublishingJob

Let me know if you need instructions on turning on debug in log4j.xml

Try some of the steps here:

http://forum.percussion.com/showthread.php?11295-Publish-aborting-for-unknown-reason

The timeout is controlled by a property in the server-beans.xml file.

-n