Regex Validation

I was wondering if the Regex validation works? I tried using the built-in email validation and it always returns back the field as having an error. I also tried some other generic ones, such as any letter combination or number combination and those also return as errors which leads me to believe Regex isn’t working. We are on 6.52.

It definitely works (for example, I just tried the email and phone number validation.) e.g. a@b.com passes. Can you paste the text that you think should be valid, plus any custom validations and test cases that aren’t working as well.

We’ve also used regular expressions for simple things like email addresses. Are you sure your regex syntax is correct? I assume Rhythmyx uses Java’s implementation, which is based on, by differs slightly to, Perl’s syntax. That in turn is subtly different to POSIX standard regex. See http://java.sun.com/javase/6/docs/api/java/util/regex/Pattern.html for details.

Andrew.

The default email regex on the field still wasn’t working. So I deleted the field and started over and now everything is working. I don’t know what the problem was, but thank you for your answers.