Revision Rollback

Are there any special conditions when revision rollback is not available to a user? I can’t get the option to consistently appear, I was able to do it once but since then the option has not appeared. I am logged into the correct community and should be able to perform this task.

Steps I am using to rollback:
[LIST=4]
[li]Take content out of public state.[/li][li]Right-click “View”.[/li][li]Click “Revisions”.[/li][li]Revision list menu displays (but does not include the rollback option, see attachment).[/li][/LIST]

The help documentation in the content explorer states:

Promoting a Revision
If you need to replace the current revision of a Content Item with an earlier revision, you can promote the earlier revision. When you promote a revision, Rhythmyx checks the revision out to you and makes it the current revision.

To promote a revision:

1.In the Action Menu, select Workflow > Revisions.
2.Rhythmyx displays the Revision List.
3.Click the Action Menu arrow in the row of the revision that you want to promote.

NOTE: If the Action Menu does not display the Promote option, the item may be checked out or you may not have the access necessary for promoting the item.
Select Promote in the Action Menu.

Rhythmyx checks the Content Item out to you and makes the promoted revision the current revision.

I don’t see an “action” so I am assuming this is the menu that pops up when I right click on the item, in there the workflow options available to me do not have a “Revisions” option.

Stephen,

Have you checked in the Content Items whose Revisions you want to promote? You can’t promote a Revision of a Content Item if the Content Item is checked out.

RLJII

Thanks Robert, that was the problem. I needed to check the item back in but not return it to a public state.