In Rhythmyx, when content editor form with EditLive field gets submitted, Firefox crashes. This issue can be resolved by upgrading JRE in client machine to JRE8u66.
Latest JRE8u66 download link: http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jre8-downloads-2133155.html
After upgrading JRE ensure following before testing.
- There are no multiple JREs installed in the client machine. If so, uninstall the older versions.
- Java cache cleared: Instruction to clear Java cahce: https://www.java.com/en/download/help/plugin_cache.xml
- Ephox EditLive cache cleared: To clear Ephox EditLive cache, delete the Ephox cache directory. This is located in the following
Windows - (home directory)\AppData\LocalLow\Ephox\cache
Mac - ~/Library/Caches/Ephox/cache
- Browser cache cleared: In web browser(IE/Firefox), open menu to clear its cache, cookies, and history by pressing Ctrl-Shift-Delete (Windows) or
Command-Shift-Delete (Mac). Select cache to delete. Exit the browser after clearing the cache.
- The Rhythmyx site is listed in the site exceptions list in Java/Security settings. Instructions to add site to Java Site Exception list: https://www.java.com/en/download/faq/exception_sitelist.xml