rollback and nonexisting template errors

I am trying to put a content item into a snippet, put the snippet into a slot, and put the slot in a text page template. I get the following errors.

Transaction rolled back because it has been marked as rollback-only.

and

Problem when evaluating expression “$rx.location.generate($sys.assemblyItem);” for variable “$pagelink”: com.percussion.services.assembly.PSAssemblyException:
Could not locate the default template for content at path … with content type XXX because no templates associated with this content type.

Alex,

Is the Content Type of the Content Item to which you are linking associated with at least one Template that is specified as Default?

RLJII

If you mean by publish always, default, or never, it’s on never right now.

[QUOTE=rljohnson;12658]Alex,

Is the Content Type of the Content Item to which you are linking associated with at least one Template that is specified as Default?

RLJII[/QUOTE]

I still can’t get it to work. I can isolate the problem at the binding.

I have some variable, $itemlink = $rx.location.generate($sys.assemblyItem) for a link. When I delete this variable, the binary template (a snippet with a slot in it) can be viewed but the link doesn’t link into the cms and instead throws an error.

If I include $itemlink = $rx.location.generate($sys.assemblyItem) in the bindings, it will throw that “template not found” error.

Every time I’ve seen this error (“Transaction rolled back…”) the root cause has been a dispatch template what was dispatching to a template that either did not exist or was not accessible on the desired site.

Check to make sure that the template name is valid, that the template is allowed on the site.

Dave

Usually when i see the transaction rolled back message, I track it down to an error in a snippet template (that is being included on a page template)…Which appears to be what you did (the binding in the snippet template seems to be causing the problem for you).

Are you linking to something binary? An image perhaps? If so, then in your bindings, you should probably supply a template…ie.

$link = $rx.location.generate($sys.assemblyItem, “myBnImageTemplate”)