rx 5.7 preview browser question

My wireframe is not calling in the conditional comments so the preview appears broken. Can anyone advise of an alternative?

<!-- begin XSL -->
<xsl:comment>
  <![CDATA[[if IE 7]>
    <link href="../web_resources/POTourist/css/TouristMainIE7.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />
    <![endif]]]>
</xsl:comment>
<!-- end XSL -->

hi all

the conditional nicki used below does actually work. what we are struggling with is making rx accept our “if not ie6” conditional.

here is what i have tried and it doesn’t work. can somebody help please.

<!-- begin XSL -->
<xsl:text>
<![if !(IE 6)]>
<script type="text/javascript" src="../web_resources/POTourist/js/jquery.jNice.js">;</script>
<link rel="stylesheet" href="../web_resources/POTourist/css/jNice.css"  type="text/css" media="screen"/>
<![endif]>

</xsl:text>
<!-- end XSL -->

that gives the following error when trying to preview

[Error data in range: <xsl:text><![if !(IE 6)]><script type="text/javascript" src="../web_resources/POTourist/js/jquery.jNice.js">;</script>] 

thanks
michelle

Hi Nicki

Try using:

<xsl:text disable-output-escaping="yes">

Then replace all < with & lt; and > with & gt;

Cheers
James

thanks for this jimbo - it all appeared to work fine but with this in my variant we now get a fatal error on publishing.

here is the code in my variant

<!-- begin XSL -->
<![if !(IE 6)]>

<script type="text/javascript" src="../web_resources/POTourist/js/jquery.jNice.js" > ; </script>
<link rel="stylesheet" href="../web_resources/POTourist/css/jNice.css"  type="text/css" media="screen"/>
<![endif]>
<!-- end XSL -->

and here is the output in the actual html page when previewing - which is correct and works when used locally, ie not in rhythmyx.

<![if !(IE 6)]>
<script type="text/javascript" src="js/jquery.jNice.js"></script>
<link rel="stylesheet" href="css/jNice.css"  type="text/css" media="screen"/>
<![endif]>

does anybody know why this would cause a fatal error. i have removed this from my variant and the publish works fine.

I have a TAR raised for this.

thanks
michele

errr - not sure what went on there - the code i have displayed as in my variant below does not have any span tags as displayed and all the less than/greater than symbols have been replaced - will try to paste the actual code again below. thanks Michelle

<!-- begin XSL -->

<![if !(IE 6)]>

<!-- end XSL -->

nope, sorry - can’t paste the code to show what i have done - all of the greater than and less than symbols in the code outside the HTML code boxes below have been replaced as suggested by Jimbo.

anybody any clues why this would cause a fatal error?

thanks
michelle

Hi Michelle

Any chance you could post the publishing log?

Cheers
James

Hi

the error from the publog is below.

java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.percussion.pso.poferries.util.POFragmentSplitter.parseLinks(Unknown Source)
at com.percussion.pso.poferries.util.POFragmentSplitter.<init>(Unknown Source)
at com.percussion.pso.poferries.publisher.POFragmentPublisher.publish(Unknown Source)
at com.percussion.publisher.client.PSContentItem.publish(PSContentItem.java:189)
at com.percussion.publisher.client.PSContentItem.process(PSContentItem.java:311)
at com.percussion.publisher.client.PSContentPublisher.process(PSContentPublisher.java:363)
at com.percussion.publisher.client.PSContentPublisher.execute(PSContentPublisher.java:146)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.soap.server.RPCRouter.invoke(RPCRouter.java:146)
at org.apache.soap.providers.RPCJavaProvider.invoke(RPCJavaProvider.java:129)
at org.apache.soap.server.http.RPCRouterServlet.doPost(RPCRouterServlet.java:354)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:709)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:802)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:252)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:214)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:178)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:126)
at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:105)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:107)
at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:148)
at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:825)
at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11Protocol.java:738)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.processSocket(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:526)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.runIt(LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.java:80)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:684)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

nothing is reported in the console log at all but the tomcat console window says "the content of elements must consist of well formed character data or markup - org.xml.sax.SAXParseException

regards
michelle

Hi Michelle

What happens if you preview the variant and change the authtype and context in the querystring both to 1 (or whatever authtype and contexts you’re using in the published environment) to simulate the variant in publish mode?

Cheers
James

Hi

in firefox and ie6 it previews fine. in ie7 i just get a blank screen.

thanks
michelle

hi

have just noticed that our js files are incorrectly referenced - am hoping this will fix the preview. i will then try the publish and see if that is also fixed by this.

thanks
michelle

ok - the js files are now referenced correctly and the preview in ie7 is fine.

however, i still have the fatal error on publishing related to the if not ie6 conditional.

thanks
michelle

ok - further info

if i leave the greater than/less than characters as normal, i simply get an error saying "The content of elements must consist of well-formed character data or markup. "

as soon as i replace them with “<” i get a fatal error.

either way rhythmyx doesn’t like it for some reason.

can anyone help please.

regards
michelle

sorry that should say when i replace them with “lt;” - obviously with an ampersand!!!