Scheduled Task

We have various full and incremental scheduled editions setup. They have been working fine for the last several years…But since last week, all the scheduled editions have stopped working. When I manually run any of these editions, they run fine. But on the scheduled time, the editions do not work. Nothing has changed on our side that I can think of.

Does anyone has any idea, what could be the problem?

thanks
Manvinder

Hi,

What does the cron spec for the task that is not running look like? Also are there any errors in the server log?

-n

[QUOTE=manvinder12;21156]We have various full and incremental scheduled editions setup. They have been working fine for the last several years…But since last week, all the scheduled editions have stopped working. When I manually run any of these editions, they run fine. But on the scheduled time, the editions do not work. Nothing has changed on our side that I can think of.

Does anyone has any idea, what could be the problem?

thanks
Manvinder[/QUOTE]

These are the specs…I was planning it to run at 2:38PM.
0 38 14 ? * MON-FRI

Also I do not see anything in the server logs. There is no error message in the logs.

thanks
Manvinder

Try adding the Year specifier and see if that fixes it.

0 38 14 ? * MON-FRI *

[QUOTE=manvinder12;21158]These are the specs…I was planning it to run at 2:38PM.
0 38 14 ? * MON-FRI

Also I do not see anything in the server logs. There is no error message in the logs.

thanks
Manvinder[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=natechadwick;21159]Try adding the Year specifier and see if that fixes it.

0 38 14 ? * MON-FRI *[/QUOTE]

I have tried this as well by adding the year specifier, but no luck.

Manvinder

Is there any way to timeout an edition if it does not completes. There are many times editions once kicked off keep on running forever. This blogs down other things. Can we put a timer like 10minutes. So if the edition does not completes in 10 minutes, it should get cancelled. Right now, we have to manually go to the Publishing Runtime and kill any hanging editions.

See this thread here:

You need to add/adjust the timeout setting.