Set default locale after login

Hi,

I have defined couple of locales in the workbench and every time when I tried to login to the explorer the default locale is set to en-us. Is that a way to remember which locale you have last set or there is an admin section where you can define the default locale under which user or role?

Rhythmyx is current using version 6.6.

Cheers

Friendy

Friendy,

The system should remember the Community and Locale you were logged in to when you logged out of the system. When you log back in, is it logging into the correct Community?

If not, is the browser cache being cleared between log out and log in?

RLJII

Hi,

It does remember after you log off and log back in. However, when I close the browser for few hours and open it back again it set back to the default us-English. I assume is because the cache is expired.

Is that a permanent way to set the default locale? or may be extented the duration of the cache but it would still expire somehow.

Friendy

Try looking in your PSX_PERSISTEDPROPERTYVALUES table in the backend database for your Rhythmyx system. You may have mutliple rows in that table for your username with different locales. Note also that the username field in that table is case sensitive.

We have a related problem that en-us is the default locale, and cannot be disabled or deleted, so every first-time user is given the en-us locale (we are in the UK, so we’d rather make en-gb the default, but have been told that is impossible in 6.5.2 - has the situation improved in 6.6?)

Andrew,

No functionality was added to Version 6.6 to specify a different locale as the default.

RLJII