site folder assembly, will it not go back to the root?

So I have a page http://rmx.cica.ca/ifrs/how-to-use-this-site/index.aspx that has several links to other pages throughout the site. However if the page I’m linking to is in the root of the site, the link is incorrect. So if you goto the page and scroll half way you’ll see links IFRS Background, IFRS Summeries. These pages are actually located in the root of the folder but the link the system generates is the folder of this page.

If I link to a page in another folder the link is correct, so I’m not sure why.

Here’s the location scheme which is straight out of the user guide…

if ($sys.crossSiteLink) {$prefix = $sys.site.url;} else {$prefix = $sys.variables.rxs_urlroot;} $prefix + $sys.pub_path.toLowerCase().replace(’ ‘,’-’) + $sys.template.prefix + ‘item’ + $sys.item.getProperty(‘rx:sys_contentid’).String + $rx.location.getFirstDefined($sys.item,‘rx:item_file_attachment_ext,rx:img1_ext,rx:sys_suffix’, ‘.html’)

Support is trying to tell me that it is not possible to link to pages within the root of the site. I know I can’t be the only one doing this…

Shane

This is a custom implementation that uses the system macro initslot to accomplish the task required.
PSO has already looked into this and address.

Actually this is not a custom implementation and it does not use a slot. The issue that was reported was related to inline links.

See: http://forum.percussion.com/showthread.php?t=2267&highlight=root

By any chance does your location scheme use $sys.pub_path ?

If so, there’s a known bug (RX-14393) where the content item in a snippet gets the wrong value of $sys.pub_path ONLY when the content item is in the site root.

When assembling content item 123 $sys.pub_path returns “/FolderA/” rather than “/” which is what I’d expect to see.
If this is the problem you are running into, it should be re-producible with any content finder. If so, let me us know, and we’ll add you to the bug report as an interested customer. It’s not fixed yet.

Dave

I believe you are running into a bug that has been recently fixed by patch Rx-14841.