Staging Publishing and PSO

I know the PSO toolkit is not supported so I was hoping that someone here might have seen this behavior. I have installed the PSO Toolkit and setup the staging states per the UAT Publishing Installation and Usage documentation. The incremental publishing to the staging server is correctly publishing the right version of the content. This is great, however when I try to run a Public edition I get the following fatal error:

14:36:50 568ms ERROR got IO Exception publisherId=“303”
publicationId=“15391” siteId=“305” editionId=“314” clistId=“333”
ctypeId=“328” contentId=“4414” action=“publish”
com.percussion.consulting.publisher.client.PSOSFtpClient
http-0.0.0.0-9992-4
java.io.IOException: No such file
at
com.sshtools.j2ssh.sftp.SftpSubsystemClient.getHandleResponse(Unknown
Source)
at com.sshtools.j2ssh.sftp.SftpSubsystemClient.openFile(Unknown
Source)
at com.sshtools.j2ssh.SftpClient.put(Unknown Source)
at com.sshtools.j2ssh.SftpClient.put(Unknown Source)
at
com.percussion.consulting.publisher.client.PSOSFtpClient.putFile(PSOSFtpClient.java:262)

at
 com.percussion.consulting.publisher.client.PSOSFtpPublisherHandler.publish(PSOSFtpPublisherHandler.java:204)

at com.percussion.publisher.client.PSContentItem.publish(Unknown
 Source)
 at com.percussion.publisher.client.PSContentItem.process(Unknown
 Source)
 at com.percussion.publisher.client.PSContentPublisher.process(Unknown
 Source)
 at com.percussion.publisher.client.PSContentPublisher.execute(Unknown
 Source)
 at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
 at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
 at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
 at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
 at org.apache.soap.server.RPCRouter.invoke(RPCRouter.java:146)
 at
 org.apache.soap.providers.RPCJavaProvider.invoke(RPCJavaProvider.java:129)

at
 org.apache.soap.server.http.RPCRouterServlet.doPost(RPCRouterServlet.java:354)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:717)
 at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:810)
 at
 org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:252)

at
 org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173)

at
 org.jboss.web.tomcat.filters.ReplyHeaderFilter.doFilter(ReplyHeaderFilter.java:81)

at
 org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:202)

at
 org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173)

at
 org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:213)

at
 org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:178)

at
 org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.CustomPrincipalValve.invoke(CustomPrincipalValve.java:39)

at
 org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.SecurityAssociationValve.invoke(SecurityAssociationValve.java:159)

at
 org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.JaccContextValve.invoke(JaccContextValve.java:59)

at
 org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:126)

at
 org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:105)

at
 org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:107)

at
 org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:148)

at
 org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:856)

at
 org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11Protocol.java:744)

at
 org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.processSocket(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:527)

at
 org.apache.tomcat.util.net.MasterSlaveWorkerThread.run(MasterSlaveWorkerThread.java:112)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

I am hoping that this will jog someone’s memory, Thanks

Based on the code location, it’s dying while creating an intermediate folder.

Can you try turning on DEBUG for the package com.percussion.consulting.publisher.client ?

also, can you tell me what version this is?

Dave

Rhythmyx Version: 6.5.2 Build 200710P01 (3205)
PSO: PSOToolkit6 build.number=59

How do you turn on debug for com.percussion.consulting.publisher.client?

To turn on debug, open the file:

/Rhythmyx/AppServer/server/rx/conf/log4j.xml

add the lines (near the other <logger> tags)

<logger name="com.percussion.consulting.publisher.client">
       <level value="DEBUG" />
    </logger>

Wait a minute or 2, and you’ll see a message on the console telling you that the log4j configuration has been reloaded.

You can then run your tests and you should see more messages in the server.log file.

I turned on debugging but it isn’t reporting any more information. Is there some other debugging we can try?

Well, you suppose you could change it to

<level value="TRACE" />

but that might give you more information than you need.

You probably need to change the level on the root logger as well.

<!-- ======================= -->
   <!-- Setup the Root category -->
   <!-- ======================= -->

<root>
      <level value="DEBUG" />
      <appender-ref ref="CONSOLE"/>
      <appender-ref ref="FILE"/>
      <appender-ref ref="ASYNC"/>
   </root>

You should not need to set the Root Level… that will result in massive amounts of extra information in the logs, and TRACE won’t do anything that Debug won’t.

There’s really only one statement that’s relevant here. In the SFTP plugin, it logs the name of each remote folder that it creates. If you’re not seeing this log message after enabling DEBUG, then it’s not creating remote folders.

Are you looking in server.log and not just at the console? You may not see anything on the console, but if you don’t see anything in server.log, you didn’t change the configuration properly.

There are NO other debugging aids in this area that I’m aware of.

Dave

Not sure what the root cause was but I believe it had something to do with the publishing site. Looks like it was corrupted during a dev refresh. Created a new publishing site with the same values, pointed the contentlist and the editions to the new site and its working. Magic I guess.

Where can one find this documentation? And what is UAT?