Superfish Menu Issues

I noticed after I upgraded my Percussion from 2.7 to 2.8 and after a full site republish, that my drop down menu isn’t working to a point. I had setup, and had it working, for the child menu items to have a dynamic width based on the longest one. Any ideas why it’s not working anymore?

Matt,

Can you quickly clarify whether you are using Suckerfish or Superfish for your menus here? I know you had reported some issues with Superfish before, and if that’s what you meant, I wonder if this could be related to the new version of jQuery in CM1 2.8. Otherwise, I can’t think of why Suckerfish, which I believe is all HTML/CSS-based, would be affected by your switching to 2.8.

Nathaniel

I’m sorry, yes it is Superfish.

Matt,

I really don’t know why the updated version of jQuery in CM1 2.8 would affect this either, but a quick test to rule this out would be to disable your JavaScript code and see if you still have the same issues with just the HTML/CSS components. I’m sure you’ve already been on there, but the Superfish FAQ has some good debugging advice assuming this is an issue with your CSS, rather than our jQuery: http://users.tpg.com.au/j_birch/plugi…

Nathaniel

Hmmmm… Well I haven’t changed my CSS in about 2 weeks but I will head over to their website for their FAQs.

Nathaniel - What version of JQuery was in 2.7 and 2.8? When I debug my code it’s showing that JQuery 1.5 is being loaded. I know the latest version is 1.8.1.

Matt,

CM1 2.7 used jQuery 1.5, while 2.8 uses jQuery 1.7.2. Are you using Firebug to see what jQuery library is being called? Can you check and see if you’re calling multiple jQuery libraries (through your meta-data, possibly)?

Nathaniel

I’m only calling two things inside my meta tags: 1) supersubs.js for the variable width of child nodes 2) small script to set the min & max width.

I just checked the header using Firebug and it shows that the JQuery loading is v. 1.5