SVG not being copied on full site publish

I was really shocked to see that SVG file types are not being copied over during a full site publish.  At first I thought I might have forgotten to mark it as published in the Asset area but then I realized it was part of our theme files and that it should be copied over during a full site publish.

Why is it that SVG’s are not being copied over?  We are not getting any errors during our 3am  full site publish.

Thank you for submitting the question Matt - let me send this along internally.

Hi Matt,

There shouldn’t be any issues copying over SVG files for a full-site publish. There are not any errors reported in the UI when there are failures copying web_resources files, but they will show up in the server.log. What you can do is search the log files for this message:

“Failed to copy files for edition”

Perhaps it is possible there is a permissions error.

We do have an improvement request in the backlog to log these types of errors in the publishing reports under CMS-1588.

Let me know what you find.

Regards,
CW

Good Morning Chris,

Here is what I found in my logs.

2016-08-30 04:01:12,846 ERROR [AntEditionTaskLogger] Failed to copy files for edition ‘WS1_FULL’.C:\Percussion\sys_resources\ant\copy-resources.xml:80: could not put file: 550 Access is denied. 

at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.net.FTP.sendFile(FTP.java:2165)
at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.net.FTP$2.execute(FTP.java:1796)
at org.apache.tools.ant.util.RetryHandler.execute(RetryHandler.java:57)
at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.net.FTP.executeRetryable(FTP.java:1713)
at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.net.FTP.transferFiles(FTP.java:1792)
at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.net.FTP.transferFiles(FTP.java:1850)
at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.net.FTP.execute(FTP.java:2539)
at org.apache.tools.ant.UnknownElement.execute(UnknownElement.java:291)
at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor2936.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.tools.ant.dispatch.DispatchUtils.execute(DispatchUtils.java:106)
at org.apache.tools.ant.Task.perform(Task.java:348)
at org.apache.tools.ant.Target.execute(Target.java:392)
at org.apache.tools.ant.Target.performTasks(Target.java:413)
at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeSortedTargets(Project.java:1399)
at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeTarget(Project.java:1368)
at org.apache.tools.ant.helper.DefaultExecutor.executeTargets(DefaultExecutor.java:41)
at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeTargets(Project.java:1251)
at com.percussion.sitemanage.task.impl.PSAntService$1.run(PSAntService.java:111)
at com.percussion.sitemanage.task.impl.PSAntService.runAnt(PSAntService.java:124)
at com.percussion.sitemanage.task.impl.PSAntEditionTask.perform(PSAntEditionTask.java:215)
at com.percussion.rx.publisher.impl.PSPublishingJob.runEditionTasks(PSPublishingJob.java:1322)
at com.percussion.rx.publisher.impl.PSPublishingJob.runPostTasks(PSPublishingJob.java:948)
at com.percussion.rx.publisher.impl.PSPublishingJob.finishEdition(PSPublishingJob.java:813)
at com.percussion.rx.publisher.impl.PSPublishingJob.run(PSPublishingJob.java:784)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)