Unpublish only in 6.7

Is there a way just to “unpublish” content without publishing as well? This used to exist in older versions, but now all you get when designing an edition is “Publish” or “Unpublish then Publish”.

Could you create a content list that selects no content. Then create a ‘Unpublish then Publish’ edition that includes this single content list.

Although I’ve not personally tried this, I think this may just work. Let us know how you get on.

davidrowe,

Thanks for the suggestion. I have tested it and it works. Its not as “targeting” ( unpublish only those items from a JCR query ) as I wanted it, but it gets the job done.

~Ryan

Glad that its working. The issue I have now that I want to use one myself is that I cannot preview the ‘unpublishing’ list of items. I’d like to see in advance what the CMS wants to remove but as its built into the editiion and not a specific preview-able content list I cannot.

Hmnnn…

Hi all.

I’m trying to implement this but it seems it doesn’t work as expected. Could you please provide me info about what to select in the content list about ItemFilter/Generator/Template Expander? With different settings of these three fields I can always preview an empty or wrong list of items to be “unpublish”…