upgrade issue from 5.6 to 6.5.2

Hi

I’m currently upgrading a client from 5.6 to 6.5.2. The installation went fine but when I try and start the service this appears in the console.log before shutting down.

2008-01-22 10:11:28,384 INFO  [Cache] Initializing cache
2008-01-22 10:11:28,509 INFO  [Server] A non-recoverable error has been encountered. The server is shutting down.
2008-01-22 10:11:28,509 INFO  [Server] An unexpected error was encountered. java.lang.RuntimeException: Error loading key rules resource file: Extension "Java/global/percussion/contentassembler/sys_casCacheBySessionRule" not found.

I’ve also attached the install.log

Any Clues?

Cheers
James

James,

Does the extension exist (in Extensions.xml) ?

I suspect that there’s a fault in an upgrade plugin, although I don’t see anything in the install log that leads to anything in particular.

Dave

Hi Dave

Yes it appears in the following files:

Rhythmyx\Exits\Java\Extentions.xml
Rhythmyx\Extentions\Handlers\Java\2\Extentions.xml

The class also appears in the jar file as well

rxextensions.jar

I’ve also attached the complete startup log as well.

Cheers
James

James,

It looks like it’s not finding ANY extensions.

Usually, when I’ve seen this happen, it was because one of the Extensions.xml files was corrupt (e.g. not well formed). Try opening each of them in a validating XML editor (such as XML Spy) and see what errors you get.

Dave

Hi Dave

We dont use XML spy but I was able to view all Extensions.xml files in IE 6 with no errors and also successfully validated them against:

http://www.w3schools.com/dom/dom_validate.asp

Cheers
James

James,

I’ve talked to our developers, and we do not recognize this problem. It will take some more detailed analysis, so I need you to open a support case. We’ll probably need to have a copy of the system for further analysis.

Dave

Hi Dave

I did this yesterday morning but havent heard back yet.

Cheers
James