URL query parameter access

I would like to access query string parameter on the URL on my landing page template. I created binding as follows

$paramObject=PSXSingleHtmlParameter/page_start

and on the render URL, I am adding page_start=‘B’

http://127.0.0.1:9992/Rhythmyx/assembler/render?sys_contentid=800&sys_revision=1&sys_folderid=795&sys_context=0&sys_siteid=317&sys_variantid=697&sys_authtype=0&page_start='B

when I access $paramObject in the land page template, I only get 0.

Any thoughts to access query parameters differently?

Never mind. I was able to get the value using following binding

$paramObject = $rx.asmhelper.getSingleParamValue($sys.params, “page_start”)

This looks useful - I had been wondering about how to retrieve a URL parameter from use within a template. My question is - how do you add a parameter value to the assembly URL? Is it part of the publishing configuration? (Am I missing something obvious?)

-Kathleen

Did you get an answer to your inquiry?

How do we add/append a variable to assembly url?

I have a template which is calling a binary template in order to generate a url.
But in my case a third variable needs to be provided to the binary template in order to generate the correct url.

$rx.location.generate($sys.assemblyItem,'binaryTemplate)

Using jexl from the Binding tab in workbench is not a feasible solution for me because as the variable in question is dynamic.

Any hints will be welcome.

Kindly

Could you try something like this to dynamically add a binding instead of using the assembly URL?

-n

[QUOTE=veronique;21099]Did you get an answer to your inquiry?

How do we add/append a variable to assembly url?

I have a template which is calling a binary template in order to generate a url.
But in my case a third variable needs to be provided to the binary template in order to generate the correct url.

$rx.location.generate($sys.assemblyItem,'binaryTemplate)

Using jexl from the Binding tab in workbench is not a feasible solution for me because as the variable in question is dynamic.

Any hints will be welcome.

Kindly[/QUOTE]